Our Calendar is the best place to look specifics on upcoming events, but below is a partial list of activities that help shape the year at River Valley Waldorf School.
Important community-wide, annual events:
- Winter Fair – 2nd Saturday in December – family event open to the public, large RVWS volunteer effort – significant parent involvement – wonderful fun!
- Assemblies – presentations by grade school classes, evening events often in November and February.
- Parent Stage – great date night! Potluck meal, music, laughs, poetry & camaraderie.
- Grandparent and Special Friends Day – early May
- Mayfaire – family event open to the public, large RVWS volunteer effort – significant parent involvement – great community building – early May.
- RVWS Golden Night Auction – major fund-raising event each spring. Donations of goods and services sought, as well as solicitations for sponsorship and advertisers. This is a vibrant, high-energy, adult-only evening.
Other important events
There are several other festivals and events specific to early childhood and/or younger grades. There are also events over the course of the year that pertains to one class only. For example:
- Lantern Walk – early to mid-November, Nursery through Grade 2 – early evening event.
- Diwali, Hindu festival of lights – November, Grade 5 – activity & time is class-determined.
- Spiral of Light – early in December, Kindergarten through Grade 8 – daytime event.
- Ice Skating – mid-February field trip for the entire grade school.
- Farm trip – generally spring or fall – weeklong trip to Hawthorne Valley Farm – Grade 3 only.
- Greek Olympiad – April/May – day trip to Kimberton Waldorf School for regional event – Grade 5 only.
- Final trip – location and duration varies – the much anticipated 8th Grade Trip – May/June.