2017-2018 Tuition Rates
3-day tuition — $6,500.00 until 1pm / $7,860 until 3:20pm / Materials fee — $245.00
4-day tuition — $7,950.00 until 1pm / $9,675 until 3:20pm / Materials fee — $265.00
5-day tuition — $9,300.00 until 1pm / $11,175 until 3:20pm / Materials fee — $285.00
2-day tuition — $4,200 until 1pm – $220 Materials fee
Grades 1 – 5 tuition — $14,350.00 / Materials fee — $500.00
Grades 6 – 8 tuition — $14,500.00 / Materials fee — $525.00
Fees & Charges
- Application Fee: A non-refundable fee of $40.00 must accompany each prospective student’s application.
- Commitment Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 for each new student is due upon submission of contract. This deposit will hold a place for your child in the class. The deposit is credited toward your total tuition, and will be subtracted from your final payment.
- Materials Fee: A non-refundable fee due upon submission of contract. The amount is class specific, as indicated above. This fee covers consumable items used by the children in the classroom such as arts & crafts supplies, main lesson books, as well as some special class project supplies.
- Trip Fee: Grades 1 through 3 will be assessed a $50 trip fee, grades 4 through 8 will be assessed $75. The first $50 each year will accrue in each class account to be used for class trips at the discretion of the class teacher. The additional $25 in the older grades will accrue to be used for the 8th grade year-end trip. The trip fee is non-refundable and is due upon submission of the contract.
- Tuition Assurance Plan: For those electing either the Standard or Budget payment plans, participation in the Tuition Assurance Plan is required and will be invoiced upon receipt of the contract and deposit. Those selecting the Lump Sum payment plan may also elect to participate. This is a $250 fee ($100 for Nursery program), which protects you and the school in the event that you withdraw your child prior to fulfilling the obligation of the enrollment contract. Tuition is non-refundable. However, by participating in this plan you may request forgiveness of a prorated amount of your contractual obligation to the school, according to the terms of the plan.
- Instrument/Music Fees: A separate instrument deposit, rental fee or purchase cost if parent desires to purchase an instrument may be required for grades 3 and up. This charge is not included in the tuition or any other fees. As part of the curriculum, children are expected to take either group or individual instrumental music lessons, which may or may not be available onsite at the school, beginning in the 4th grade. The parents/guardians are responsible for the cost of these lessons.
- Field Trips: Classes may on occasion, take day-trips to museums, farms or events. Parents are asked to pay whatever fees are associated with these trips, generally nominal.
- Returned Checks: A service charge will be assessed for any returned checks in the amount of the fees charged to RVWS.
- Late Fees: A $15.00 late fee will be added to your bill for payments that are 15 days overdue. Accounts 45 days overdue will be assessed a 1.5% monthly finance charge.
The school offers a sibling discount of 7.5% off the total tuition for the second and 15% for the third child and 30% for the fourth and 50% each subsequent child enrolled at the school. You will be charged full payment for the highest tuition rate and receive the discount on the lesser tuition(s). This discount will be reflected on your bill. No discount is available for deposits, material fees, or other fees.
There is a limited amount of needs-based tuition assistance (up to 50% of tuition) available for students enrolled in 5-day programs. Additional information can be found here.