Pennsylvania EITC Program
The EITC program enables businesses in Pennsylvania to essentially redirect their state income tax dollars to River Valley Waldorf School to provide much needed tuition assistance funds for lower to middle income families.
Win-Win-Win-Win: State, Businesses, Schools, and Children
The Pennsylvania Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program gets the business community more involved in education by enabling them to support local independent schools and the families they serve at minimal cost, instead of sending their tax dollars to Harrisburg.
Since its inception in 2001, more than 23,500 business applications have been approved, transferring more than $657 million dollars in state income tax from the hallways of Harrisburg to school hallways.
“It’s probably too complicated…” – No it’s not!
The truth is, it is extremely simple and most PA businesses owing PA state income tax can participate. River Valley works with many businesses that donate through this program every year—now that their accountants understand how easy it is.
“Does my business qualify?” – Probably!
Any business filing one of the following PA state taxes can participate:
- C-corporations, subchapter S-corporations and other “pass-through” business entities that pay personal income tax on PA business income
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock & Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
“Sign me up!” – 3 Simple Steps:
- Sign up for a 2-year commitment with the State’s brief online application in July using tax liability input from your accountant. The State will send you an approval letter (if sufficient program funds remain).
- Make your donation to River Valley Waldorf School.
- Forward your donation receipt to the State and they will credit 90% of your donation directly to your tax account.
We can help you every step of the way!
Contact Renell Carpenter, RVWS Tax Credit Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-628-4893.
River Valley thanks the following businesses for a cumulative total of over $150,000 in financial support through the EITC Program:
- Arc Media, Inc. (Auenmueller/Pott Family)
- Doylestown Vetrinary Hospital (Weis Family)
- First Savings Bank
- Fraser Advanced Information Systems
- Holiday Farm Pet Resort (Weis Family)
- Meshkov & Breslin, LLC
- Paul Warchol Photography
- Philip Rosenau Co., Inc.
- Rakowsky Family Dentistry
- The Shain Group
- Toys, Etc., LLC (Holtz Family)
Visit the REACH Foundation for additional program details.